Friday, July 25, 2014Sunny 16°C

Condo of the Week: 2289 Lake Shore Boulevard

Posted by Robyn Urback / March 13, 2013

2289 Lake Shore BoulevardThis place is not new to Toronto's real estate listings, but with blue skies set to take over the city skyline (fingers crossed), I'd say this property is poised to host a few impressive upcoming showing (and the lowered price tag will certainly help some, too.) Three storeys, three bedrooms, and a view that would make any skeptic swoon, this place will certainly take your breath away — if in large part just due to its crippling maintenance fees.

2289 Lake ShoreSPECS:

Address: 2289 Lake Shore Boulevard, #119
Price: $1,069,000
Square Footage: 2250-2499
Bedrooms: 2
Storeys: 3
Bathrooms: 3
Parking Spaces: 3
Locker: 1
Monthly Maintenance: $1,317
Taxes: $5,256.12 (2012)
Juliette Balconies: 2
Walk-outs: 4
Building Amenities: Fitness centre, indoor pool, squash courts, guest suites, concierge, party room

2289 Lake Shore BlvdNOTABLE FEATURES:

Lake views
Private patios
Palladian windows
Gas fireplace
13' Ceilings
Built-in stainless steel kitchen appliances
California shutters
Jacuzzi tub
Customized California Closet

2289 Lake Shore BoulevardGOOD FOR:

Pretending you're on vacation and/or making your own postcards. Good for those who want grow plants both indoors and on the patio, and those who want all of the perks of condo living without elevator-related annoyance.

2289 Lake ShoreMOVE ON IF:

You don't think this place will look as pretty with an eight-month backdrop of grey skies. You think this place is a lot less pretty with thousand-dollar maintenance fees in mind. You hate sunshine.

2289 Lake ShoreIf you had the dough, would you buy this home? Let us know where you stand in the comments below.

Skye / March 13, 2013 at 09:02 am
That patio is bigger than most of the postcard-sized "yards" on most 905 townhouses, and I love the decor. If I had a million dollars, what's an extra thousand in maintenance fees? Sign me up.
Rob / March 13, 2013 at 09:03 am
Not sure whether the photographer was having an off day, but based on these pics, I don't see how this is valued over $1M.
JLL / March 13, 2013 at 09:15 am
I would buy it in a heartbeat. Love the light, love the 3 bedrooms, and have you seen what the core is charging for maintenance fees anyway? it's already 1K for a nothing space on Bay Street. At least with this I'd get bedrooms with actual windows AND a patio.
Simon / March 13, 2013 at 09:52 am
Tough to judge without a good view of the bathrooms but the price is a steal considering the location and space involved. Maintenance fees aren't horrible for a place that's almost 2500 square feet. If I had the cash I'd be all over this!
Kuba / March 13, 2013 at 10:02 am
I thought kitchen cabinet in $1M home would look better than that. It's seems like a nice place but those HDR photos of interiors are hard to look at. Bad postprocessing.
Judy / March 13, 2013 at 10:34 am
It's nice. But, it's really dated. The place needs some renos especially for the kitchen, bathroom and living room. Maybe, I'm picky if I want to throw down $1 mill?
Hamish Grant / March 13, 2013 at 10:35 am
ugh, overdone HDR has no place in real estate photography. Done right it can solve some problems but whoever processed these is on crack.
Milo / March 13, 2013 at 10:46 am
wow - what a beautiful condo. great location too.
Milo / March 13, 2013 at 10:58 am
i also think most of the posters here are much happier to have a 'new' home with an ikea level kitchen somewhere in cityplace.

S replying to a comment from Rob / March 13, 2013 at 11:17 am
Uh, even semi's are going for 800,000 in the core now.
.. it's 3 stories and every room is big (for condos).
There's your million bucks.
Nice patio too, the iron and brick looks great.
Ford4ever / March 13, 2013 at 01:09 pm
You can get a good detached house in that area for far less money. I'd spend the dough there and be my own condo committee, thanks.

Your opinion may differ, and that's ok.

Turtelle / March 13, 2013 at 02:17 pm
I know some real low-lifes that live right by this place.
Jakob / March 13, 2013 at 03:08 pm
Can you list the maintenance fees per square feet and only put the total in parentheses? If you compare it with, say, $550 for 780 sqft in a downtown condo building, 2.5 times the fees for 3 times the space isn't all too bad.
george / March 13, 2013 at 06:48 pm
great location? huh? This looks like a suburban town home...ground level, with $1317 condo fees? You would have to be foolish.

Buy a freehold!
Sandman / March 13, 2013 at 07:04 pm
Definitely dated interior design (1980-ish?).
No views of the lake, just nearby townhouses, building(s) & street?

Patios are the only strong selling points of this place.
Linden / March 13, 2013 at 08:05 pm
I like it a lot, it gives you this cozy feeling, spending time on the patio with a cup of coffee, on Saturday morning, or glass of wine in the evening. I am not so sure about the location though.I am wondering why the condos are so overpraised+the maintenance fees