Friday, October 31, 2014Light Rain 7°C

Scenes from Toronto streets: November edition

Posted by Derek Flack / December 2, 2011

Toronto Street photographyOne of the most fascinating things about living in Toronto is observing how its streets change from month to month: the landscape continually shifts, and naturally so do the people who occupy it. Normally our resident street shooter, Tom Ryaboi, heads up the effort, but this month we've decide to highlight some of the excellent off-the-cuff shots in the blogTO Flickr pool. Here's a glimpse at some of the strange faces and serendipitous moments that I encountered on our streets in November. Lead photo by Jared Krause

Street photography TorontoDdotG

Street photography TorontoWang Squared

street photography TorontoWang Squared

Street photography TorontoNils Blonden

street photography Torontoasianz

Street Photography Torontoasianz

street photography TorontoDominic Bugatto

street photography torontoCorey Maaskant

street photography torontoDavid Chang-Sang

Previously in the series:

Dmitri / December 2, 2011 at 06:52 pm
What makes Toronto great is the diversity of our community. Being the most multiculturally-rich city in the world.
davebeet replying to a comment from Dmitri / December 2, 2011 at 07:57 pm
not only are we multicultural, but we are the safest multicultural city in the world. I love this city and the people who capture it so well.
nihao / December 3, 2011 at 03:00 am

I placed myself sideways against ugg boots discount outlet the railing of the verandah-first ascertaining, by touching them, the position of the flowerpots on either side of me. There was room enough for me to sit between them and no more. The sweet-scented leaves of the flower on my left hand just brushed my cheek as I lightly rested my head against the railing.
The first sounds that reached me from below were caused by the opening or closing (most probably the latter) of three doors in succession--the doors, no doubt, leading into the hall discount ugg boots store and into the rooms on each side of the library, which the Count had pledged himself to examine. The first object that I saw was the red spark again travelling out into the night from under the verandah, moving away towards my window, waiting a moment, and then returning to the place from which it had set out.
"Dhe devil take your restlessness! When do you mean to sit down?" growled Sir Percival's voice beneath me.
"Ouf! how hot it is!" said ugg boots cheap sale the Count, sighing and puffing wearily.
His exclamation was followed by the scraping of the garden chairs on the tiled pavement under the verandah--the welcome sound which told me they were going to sit close at the window as usual. So far the chance was mine. The clock in the turret struck the quarter to twelve as they settled themselves in their chairs. I heard Madame Fosco through the open window yawning, and saw her shadow pass once more across the ugg boots on sale white field of the blind.
Meanwhile, Sir Percival and the Count began talking together below, now and then dropping their voices a little lower than usual, but never sinking them to a whisper. The strangeness and peril of my situation, the dread, which I could not master, of Madame Fosco's lighted window, made it difficult, almost impossible, for me, at first, to keep my presence of mind, and to fix my attention solely on the conversation beneath. For some minutes I ugg boots cheap sale could only succeed in gathering the general substance of it. I understood the Count to say that the one window alight was his wife's, that the ground floor of the house was quite clear, and that they might now speak to each other without fear of accidents. Sir Percival merely answered by upbraiding his friend with having unjustifiably slighted his wishes and neglected his interests all through the day. The Count thereupon defended himself by declaring that he had been ugg boots cheap sale beset by certain troubles and anxieties which had absorbed all his attention, and that the only safe time to come to an explanation was a time when they could feel certain of being neither interrupted nor overheard. "We are at a serious crisis in our affairs, Percival," he said, "and if we are to decide on the future at all, we must decide secretly to-night."
Ugh replying to a comment from nihao / December 3, 2011 at 07:50 am
Is this an advert for Uggs, or just drivel?
bee / December 3, 2011 at 11:14 am
Yeah really, what is that??
belvedere / December 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm
i don't understand why nonsensical posts from (usually) offshore servers end up in random threads (often old threads) on this blog. what is the attraction?
Lavender / December 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm
Letting your dog stick its head out the streetcar window... not a very good idea. WTF?