Sunday, November 23, 2014Light Rain Shower 8°C

Lightly used gravy train for sale on Craigslist

Posted by Derek Flack / October 27, 2010

Gravy Train Craigslist AdI'm still enjoying the gravy train jokes being tossed around post-mayoral election, and I especially like that the game has now been taken to Craigslist. Where else, after all, can one buy/sell a lightly used one of these things?

I'm not sure about the graphic -- is that what a gravy train looks like? -- but kudos to the ad's creator for his or her willingness to part with something so damn valuable. And, if the idea is to barter, I think I might have a commuter bike that's about to fall into disuse. Does that sound fair?

Hat tip to @mondoville, who tweeted this find earlier tonight.

Louis / October 27, 2010 at 08:02 am
I have some respect that I'd be willing to part with if it means I could acquire a gravy train.
Jenn / October 27, 2010 at 08:25 am
This one's been circulating a bit too: http://i53.tinypic.com/2hn8e1h.jpg
Len / October 27, 2010 at 08:35 am
This joke has nothing to do with Toronto. This ad says "Lightly used"!
Jackson King / October 27, 2010 at 08:54 am
You know what? I voted for the Smitherman but all this partisan BS that you keep putting up is simply making me visit this site less and less. We get it you hate Rob Ford.
David Toronto / October 27, 2010 at 09:02 am
Why not get the Gravy Train? It could sit beside my
gravy boat on the sideboard.
qwerty / October 27, 2010 at 09:09 am
I think you should call Rob Ford. He's looking to talk to people like you.
shutup / October 27, 2010 at 09:14 am
ENOUGH about the election. Your guy got his butt kicked. Get over it. Move on.
Derek / October 27, 2010 at 09:23 am
@qwerty - We are talking to Rob Ford. That'll be on the site in the near future.

@Jackson King - Joking about Ford's over-reliance on certain lexical choices ≠ hating him.
Stop talking / October 27, 2010 at 09:25 am
I come to blogTO not for politics, especially post election and something so useless as this. Like it or not, Rob Ford is mayor for now.
shannon / October 27, 2010 at 09:31 am
no one is forcing you people to read this post, oh wait Derek has a gun to your head and he is forcing you to read it. my bad...............
Jon replying to a comment from shutup / October 27, 2010 at 09:54 am
I have paid for my right to complain in a public forum with a vote.
confused / October 27, 2010 at 10:10 am
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what this "gravy train" business is all about? I keep hearing about it and I'm confused. I wanna be in on the fun, too :(
Long Gone / October 27, 2010 at 10:25 am
There is nothing funny about the gravy train. It is why everyone who is somebody has left the ship to sink into its own demise. Anybody can say anything anytime. Just because toronto has a new clown at the helm really doesn't mean much.

Good luck swine. You will need it.
jordan / October 27, 2010 at 10:32 am
It's just a joke. I don't give a care about the election and I had a good laugh. You people are too serious.
Brandon / October 27, 2010 at 10:34 am
Too many people in the comments have a nickel stuck up their ass.
Keep the jokes coming. Don't forget to send Rob Ford some nice greasy lunch with that 60 dollars you saved on your car tax. Maybe he'll keel over and you know what.

Also, use google. It solves many questions you might have about gravy trains and Rob Ford.
wake up! toronto replying to a comment from jordan / October 27, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Yes and your not serious that is why we have gravy trains and why it is a joke like you not serious. Maybe you should just donate all your money to the criminals and make it easier for them. It seems to be the canadian way.
gravy / October 27, 2010 at 01:12 pm
The day after the election I decided to commiserate by having fries and gravy for dinner. When I ordered at the greasy spoon I said "Large fries and a gravy train please". For the next four years I will always order gravy at restaurants as a "gravy train". Meme that bitches!
jordan replying to a comment from wake up! toronto / October 27, 2010 at 05:15 pm
Great idea! maybe I will.
b / October 27, 2010 at 07:08 pm
This is amazing. I'm glad it exists.

Also glad to inform you all that the 'gravy train' does NOT exist.
Liam / October 29, 2010 at 11:40 am
Jox! This is a good bit...