Friday, April 25, 2014Mostly Cloudy 8°C

Feeling Wicked? Toronto's Sexy Party.

Posted by Karen Kerr / September 14, 2006

20060913_wicked.jpg
It was lunch hour when I got the word that Wicked was popping up in my neighbourhood. I had been wondering what they were doing to The Vatikan as of late. I remember passing by and seeing the upstairs lights on, noticing contractors walking around and thinking what an amazing loft apartment that could be. Little did I know that it is the new locale for one of Canada's largest hedonistic clubs.

Wicked is opening up on Queen Street West and Brookfield and claims to be an upscale Swinger's Club that caters to the 25-35 year old crowd complete with "love furniture", communal showers, a multi-tiered orgy room and oh yeah, a DJ spinning a soundtrack to your provocative evening.

The new "red light-esque" establishment basically has free reign now that the Supreme Court of Canada has legalized Swinger's Clubs where consenting adults can engage in sexual activity behind closed doors and even have an audience without suffering any illegal consequence.

Described on their website as a "safe environment where you can live out your wildest sexual fantasies no matter how wild or mild," Level 1 is the "off-premise" area of Wicked. Every Saturday there is a new themed sexy party. This area is reserved for the reserved. Only exhibitionism, flirting, kissing, fondling and dirty dancing are allowed. If you want full penetration/"on-premise action", you'll have to venture over to the VIP suites where daily memberships are $10.00 for women and $60.00 for a couple. For all those men folk out there...you'll have trouble getting in without a lady on your arm and don't forget to be good lookin'--Wicked will turn you away if you, your bod, your sophistication and your style just doesn't cut it.

20060913_bodysushi.jpg

If you think you have what it takes, you can apply online for a membership but you must attach two of your most tantalizing photos for fear of being rejected at the door. However, if you think that may be the case, you can click on over to Wicked's version of Lavalife called "Fling in the City" and try to snag a date or...uhhh...something.

Sure some of the neighbours are up in arms about having "Toronto's Premiere Erotic Party for Selective Women and their Partners" in their 'hood but there are about 12 other Swinger's Clubs in the GTA and co-owner, Aurora Benzion, seems to say that they have a great track record with over 15 000 exclusive and "sophisticated" members. Whether one chooses to believe that is another story. But think about it, we've got the mental hospital on one end, The Drake on the other, why not add another crazy thing in the middle? Funnily enough when I arrived home from work and turned on CityNews, a friend of mine was commenting on this very same thing and I think he said it best, "A swingers club in MY neighbourhood? I think it's great. Swing Along!" Nice Casey...nice.

The Grand Opening is this Saturday, so for those that want to know why "it's good to be naughty" you should put on your most wild and alluring Wicked wear - but no ripped jeans, khakis, caps or sneakers...this isn't just any Swinger's Club. It's Wicked.

20060913_wickedsign.jpg

Wicked
1034 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON
416.669.KLUB (Yeah, you read that right. Jeebus.)

Images: Wicked Club

Matt / September 14, 2006 at 12:16 am
Wow...I always thought these kinds of places were limited to grimey cop & mafia movies and maybe Amsterdam.. yeeeech :\
Noz / September 14, 2006 at 07:27 am
Finally! Toronto has been hurting for a decent swingers club (with standards on who's let in) for years! And no Matt, swingers clubs are in many major cities and have been for 10s if not 100s of years. Barcelona, Paris, and London have great examples. See http://www.clubliberty.eu.com/ and you'll see it's not all about sex-for-pay and illegal immigrants. Just couples out having fun.
Simone / September 14, 2006 at 11:13 am
I wish those couples would go have their fun somewhwere else.

Non-sexy residents of this area have been battling to keep this area free of various kinds of hipster trash for a decade now.

Go swing in a non-residential area. Or better yet, swing in your own neighbourhoods. It's sickening that the whole west end is turning into a place for 'tourists' from other areas of the city to come and live out their bogus Showcase Channel fantasies.

There goes the stove parts district!

Elodie / September 15, 2006 at 06:19 am
I am happy to hear that Toronto will open this new place. I don't think at all people should be scared and judge it as a dirty place.
The people going to these parties have to show their ID, well behave and they aren't dangerous and unrespectable people.
They have fun as in other Sex-Club, you won't see them and so there is no reason to ban people from living their Fantaisies. People have to stop judging their own sexual life has being the model and morals one.
nicholas / September 15, 2006 at 08:21 am
As a European swinger that came on an assignment to Toronto 2 years ago, i was amazed how 'victorian' some parts of Canadian (or should i say Torontonian) society has conservated itsself: Of the few swinger venues the GTA has, Wicked was the closest to European standards i could find, but still 'far off'.... Now Wicked is taking it to the next level, good, it's time something happened in th GTA.

I understand some of the concerns of ppl living in the west end. It would probably be better located on the outskirts, but perhaps that is the next step.

Aurora did an excellent job on TV, and I hope wicked becomes a success story.

Come on Toronto, welcome to the third millenium.
St Dan / September 15, 2006 at 07:13 pm
No doubt Lance (former owner of Vatikan and Sanctuary: Vampire Sex Bar) is kicking himself for not thinking of this before he closed the place down.

It will be interesting though, to see how everythign plays out if Queen's Park ever passes that 'no sex discrimination in pricing' law that they toss around every few years. ;)
Soloman / September 16, 2006 at 07:31 pm
I guess straight people can finally have what their gay brethren have been enjoying for decades now: a bathhouse.
Marie / September 17, 2006 at 01:43 pm
I was at Wicked's Grand Opening last night and had a fantastic time! (I'm 32, female). I'm not a 'swinger' or anything, just someone who likes to party (I usually go to 'normal' clubs). Well I've been hearing/reading so much about this 'wicked club' lately, I decided to check it out for myself (I live nearby). It was the best time I've ever had 'clubbing'!! The people were friendly, courteous and FUN. Ironically, I felt a lot safer at Wicked than I do at my 'normal' clubs. Being a non-swinger, I never went upstairs to the 'play area' (where the swinging takes place). There was never any pressure for me to go upstairs, nor was there pressure to partake in the hedonistic activities on the main floor (dirty dancing, partial nudity, etc). Very Laissez-faire. At one (brief) point, I actually found myself dancing topless in their notorious cage. Perhaps one day I'll visit the 'on-premise' area (probably with a partner, who I wouldn't share ;). For now I'm quite happy to party on the tamer (but still wild) main floor. BTW, from the outside, at the peak of all the activity, on their busiest day of the year (grand opening), Wicked Club appeared no different than any other club in the area (except that the patrons outside Wicked were better dressed and behaved).

I advise anyone who has a negative opinion of this club to at least go one time as a customer. I guarantee you'll change your mind! ;-)
tammy / September 18, 2006 at 08:33 pm
I think it's great that there is a club people can go and actually live out their fantasies. Everybody has some sort of a fantasy. The problem is their just to scared to act it out.

Peter / September 19, 2006 at 01:51 pm
As a long time owner of gay bathhouses I am happy to see hetrosexuals finally getting a quality establishment. Nervous neighbours can relax. Sex clubs don't make noise and patrons of these clubs are repectful of their environment. Auroura and Sholmo are class and their club is geared to just that. If you have a moral issue with this, well, that is frankly your problem. I have heard all of that before over the past 32 years. Good luck and best wishes to Wicked. Play safe!
ken / September 23, 2006 at 02:00 pm
how can we be a part of this
ken / September 23, 2006 at 02:00 pm
how can we be a part of this
Karen / September 23, 2006 at 05:35 pm
Hey Ken....go to the linked website...there is a whole application you will want to fill out if you are indeed interested. But don't forget, you'll need a lady with you. Start searching!
Michelle / September 24, 2006 at 09:07 pm
Boy this club sure gets publicity! Last week the National Post and the Globe&Mail did articles on Wicked Club, and this weekend (Saturday Sept.23) the Toronto Star did one (front page of the GTA section). If nothing else, I guess Wicked Club must be good at selling newspapers!
brad / November 21, 2006 at 09:29 am
why wouldnt they have it so if you wanted to go you can regardless of body figure, i think of as being selective to a certian group and leaving out the not so hot but not ugly group
Tracy@Miami / November 25, 2007 at 12:38 pm
We need one here in Miami.........
Frank / March 23, 2008 at 02:24 am
excellent idea... i find it very sad though that women are allowed to enter without a male companion, however, males are required to to have a female companion?

hmm... funny that doesn't seem like equality to me... where are the femenists now?
FREDY / May 13, 2008 at 11:56 pm
DO YOU LIKE SEX?
DAVE / January 2, 2009 at 06:28 pm
Hey I am having a Problem Finding these swingers CLUBS. If anyone could help me.email me at cegsdomi@msn.com Thanks Dave
swingclubtoronto / January 29, 2009 at 05:02 pm
Hey Dave,

There are many clubs swingclubs all acorss THE GTA. In Toronto though there is just wicked and M4, check them out at www.clubm4.com. hope that helps!
Oi torpedo / March 7, 2009 at 02:06 pm
Need to check this place! Look like a lot of fun.
mathias replying to a comment from Marie / March 13, 2009 at 11:33 am
In reply to Marie of 2006, We are swingers and although Wicked is a nice venue, there certainly are not alot of swingers in the club although it has a lot of want-a-be's
Mathias replying to a comment from Tracy@Miami / March 13, 2009 at 11:38 am
Tracey@Miami.....Try "Night Moves" in Tampa Bay area.
Nick and Janice / April 26, 2009 at 01:32 am
Checking in from the Toronto area, and the wife and I would love to see a live sex show. We have only been able to find them (advertised) at gay clubs and bars, but we would prefer to see at least SOME hetero action!
Is there anywhere in Toronto we can go, or a site or paper that might advertise?
Thanks for any suggestions.
passionate man boring wife replying to a comment from Nick and Janice / May 12, 2009 at 01:50 pm
hey guys, i know there are a few live couples in the back of the eye magazine or now magazine. but you have to pay and they will preform for you. wish i could help a little more.
real passionate man replying to a comment from Nick and Janice / May 12, 2009 at 01:53 pm
hello nick and janice, just quickly if you havent already found it there are a couple of hetreosexual couples in the back of a now or eye magazine that will preform in front of you at your location for a little $$$. sorry i couldnt be more helpful. would have loved to tell you i could help out but i have a wife who thinks masturbating is dirty. ha ha ha sorry. woe is me. good luck.
ari / May 18, 2009 at 04:58 pm
kish in Tuches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shawn / July 26, 2009 at 07:25 pm
This place is not so Wicked. Been to this place a few times, but we have given it our last try. The bartenders (the two that "served" us anyways) were TERRIBLE! Gave us a wrong drink (so we gave it back untouched), and then they said they would not make the drink we actually ordered, and refused to give me my $12 back (that was the charge for one drink!). We complained to the owner (Aurora) who gave our $12 back but did nothing further to correct the problem or apologize! The bartenders refused to serve us the rest of the night (and yes, we were tipping them the whole time)! This was surprising as the girls we were with, were by far the hottest in the club that night (I think the bartenders were jealous of them and that is why they didn't serve us?). The crowd in this place is UGLY. If your average and worried about getting in, don't be!!! And the girls off the website are staff, not customers...so don't be fooled. Also, be careful you don't get your pic taken. Aurora takes pics throughout the night...this may be a factor if privacy is important to you? We did go upstairs where a few guys tried to sneak a feel of our girls. This is 101 of swinging, you have to ask before trying something! We had to take care of it ourselves (no big deal) as nobody else was around to ensure this does not happen. If your looking for ugly people who don't know the etiquette of swinging, and TERRIBLE bar service, this may be your place. I can think of better choices in the Toronto area. Lastly, I did see several city by-laws broken and will contact the city to voice my concerns.
bob / August 17, 2009 at 02:37 pm
A guy can only get in by himself if he's hot. There's no mention if an ugly woman by herself would be turned way. I am glad to see that were all treated as equals lol.
carlos / September 22, 2009 at 05:00 pm
pece of shit place, and the language written is annoying..
carlos replying to a comment from Shawn / September 22, 2009 at 05:03 pm
this is the problem of whole toronto, i am beginning to get sick of this mentally ill city...miserable, perverted, completely hurt, and quality is poor. not at all, but mostly it is...
carlos replying to a comment from Nick and Janice / September 22, 2009 at 05:06 pm
go to amsterdam..why to waste a time in toronto?
carlos replying to a comment from Marie / September 22, 2009 at 05:12 pm
hey;) can i be your partner?..♥
anna / February 16, 2010 at 07:28 am
mhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like to so much, very nice and chic
anna / July 6, 2010 at 03:58 pm
mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but im a slut sooo my viewpoint might be off!
machine / October 4, 2010 at 09:31 pm
i want sex
Male vs Female? replying to a comment from Frank / December 11, 2010 at 05:29 pm
Yea. I've been to them before! They're called CLUBS. As a woman, I want to go to a club that isn't crawling with creepy 40 year old guys lurking to see some boobies. It's about the FANTASY. If you don't agree, consider this:

Guy + girl enter.
Single girl enters.
Single girl enters.
Guy + girl enters.
Single girl enters.

Two guys entered, and six girls entered. What heterosexual guy wants to enter a hedonistic club that's already full of single guys? You want it to be crawling with single (or swinger) females. This is the place! :)
Chris / June 24, 2011 at 02:19 pm
Wow this is amazing. Still don't understand how they will legalize this but won't legalize pimpin
Abloofy replying to a comment from Simone / July 25, 2011 at 09:47 pm
LOL seriously? Queen West is "a residential area"? And second, you want to keep sex out of that area? I've got news for you, there's sex going on all over your neighboourhood, probably even right next door (but certainly not in YOUR home!)
Sandy / January 2, 2012 at 10:55 am
Hi All, I'm working on a feature story about swingers for a couples magazine and am looking for couples who wouldn't mind being interviewed. Your names will be changed to protect your identity, so not to worry. Please contact me as soon as possible. My deadline is Friday January 6th. Thanks so much. Here's my email address: ghostwritergirl2012@gmail.com
dave / January 12, 2012 at 01:29 am
For those of you men complaining about "equality"... do you think there is perhaps a reason girls can get in by themselves, yet guys have to bring a girl? personally, i wouldnt be sold on going to a swingers club that was a sausage party!!!!
Zuchitti / October 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm
There is a age restriction for the older craud
Jenny Brown / October 25, 2012 at 08:40 pm
Do you want your WEBSITE ranking on google's 1st page??? I have the solutions!!!

Hi there,

Greetings!!!

Christmas is getting closer and it’s time to start thinking about marketing your site online to get the Maximum Sales possible around this fruitful time of the year 2012.

And we will optimize your site to increase its rankings with major search engines.

This will drive targeted online users to your site, as well as attract new users through the use of relevant keywords and phrases.

Not only will we help you gain those higher rankings, but maintain your status through continual management and support.

Please reply to this email so we can send you more details.

Sincerely,
Jenny Brown
jennybrown.ibs@gmail.com
DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
SEO – Link Building – Copyright – Web Designing – PHP
Andy Coteman / November 9, 2012 at 07:24 pm
Christmas Greeting (Guaranteed Top 10 Ranking in Major Search Engines).

Dear,

Myself John Williams, Relation Manager, an ISO 9001: 2000 & Google Certified IT Company which provides you SEO, SMO, website designing, web development, & Content Writing.

We offer following Services:

(1) SEO.
(2) PPC (Pay Per Click).
(3) SMO ( Facebook Marketing, Twitter Marketing, LinkedIn Marketing, YouTube Marketing, MySpace Marketing, etc).
(4) Technical Content Writing Services.
(5) Website Designing Services.
(6) Website Development Services.
(7) Website Re-Designing Services

Can I know in which Service are you interested in?

If you are interested, then I can send you our past work details, testimonials, affordable quotation with best offer.

You can get more information.

Sincerely,
Andy Coteman (Relation Manager)
DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
andy.seoptimazation@gmail.com
SEO – SMO – Web Designing – Web Development
internal audit checklist / September 18, 2013 at 12:33 pm
Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds
of things, therefore I am goinmg to inform her.
south Thailand island map / February 11, 2014 at 02:20 pm
It's difficult to find well-informed people on this subject,
however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks