Today In Toronto: Canada Reads, Mexican Summer, Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids, Blue Coffee
- Canada Reads 2014 Debates Hosted by Jian Ghomeshi
- Mexican Summer @ The Drake Hotel
- Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids 13
- Blue Coffee Reading Series #5: Jimmy McInnes, Patrick Connors, and Jack Hostrawser
- Ringo Deathstarr with Purple, Beliefs, Tess Parks at The Silver Dollar
- White Denim at The Horseshoe Tavern
- Toronto New Music Alliance presents New Music 101: 2014 Events
Give Joylister credit. The seven month old company founded by a former investment analyst and marketing manager managed to convince a lot of people to fork over $40 for the promise of all-you-can-eat grilled cheese sandwiches, gourmet soup, and 3 beer samples. What they failed to tell ticket buyers, however, is that they'd only arranged for their 10 sandwich vendors to produce what would amount to a quarter sandwich sample per person so either way you slice it nobody was going to get much more than a couple full sandwiches each.
Bloor Hot Docs Cinema
Watching the Academy Awards on the big screen at the Bloor has become a tradition. As usual, the event is free but there will also be plenty of distractions including trivia and prizes. And don't forget, the Bloor is licensed. Doors open at 6:30pm.