Read my profile of the new La Carnita in the restaurants section.
Read my profile of Good Fortune in the bars section.
Read my profile of Taylors Landing in the restaurants section.
Toronto Food Events: Taste of Manila, Hot & Spicy Food Fest, Wild Blueberry Fest, Sweetery, MexFest16
- Get your fill of Filipino street food at Taste of Manila on August 20 and 21. The festival takes over the Bathurst and Wilson area.
- The Hot & Spicy Food Festival is on at the Harbourfront Centre from August 19 to August 21.
- Haute Dog BBQ, presented by Queen's Quay Terminal, runs on August 20 and August 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Buy a hot dog or hamburger with a drink for $2 and 100 per cent of the proceeds will go to the Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides.
- Admission is free for the Sweetery Food Festival happening August 20 and 21 at David Pecaut Square (55 John St.).
- The August edition of the Toronto Bakers Market returns to Ralph Thornton Centre (765 Queen St. E.) on August 21 from noon until 4 p.m. The massive bake sale boasts a lineup of 28 vendors.
- The 7th annual Wild Blueberry Festival at Evergreen Brick Works is on this Sunday, August 21 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- MexFest16 takes over Yonge-Dundas Square on Sunday, August 21 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Harvest Wednesdays presents Sip and Savour with Bob Blumer on Wednesday, August 24. Expect tastings along with hors d'oeuvres by the Gladstone's executive Chef Katie Venables Lloyd.
- Woodlot sous chef, Cory Baird is doing a pop-up dinner at Lady Marmalade on Friday, August 26. Reserve now (and select your dishes) for the family-style feast priced at $40 per person.
Here are the best gluten-free bakeries in Toronto.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Dirty Food Eatery, Via Mercanti, Colaba Junction, Calii Love, Hungry Amoo
- Dirty Food Eatery is now open at 3070 Dundas St. W., in the Junction. Find peanut butter and bacon waffles, beet-cured salmon Johnnycake and six different types of pierogies on the menu.
- Pizzeria Via Mercanti has opened its third outpost at 1499 Gerrard St.
- De Frantic Monkey, a new cafe and bar, is open for business at 799 College St.