Here are my picks for the top breakfast burgers in Toronto.
This Week on DineSafe: North of Brooklyn, PO Box 1192, BakeryHaus, Fabarnak, Falafel House, Frankie's
See which other restaurants landed on DineSafe this week.
Read my profile of Forth Avenue in the restaurants section.
Toronto Food Events: Gourmet Food & Wine Expo, Free Taco Night, Ice Wine & Dine, Honest Sherry Dinner
- The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo is already in full swing and continues until Sunday, November 22. Taking place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the expo offers tutored tastings, chef stages and a sprawling showcase of wine, cocktails, beer and international cuisine.
- Let's Be Frank (460 Spadina Ave) hosts Toronto-based Indie label Dine Alone Records for a pop-up shop from Saturday, November 21 until Friday, November 27. The event kicks off on Saturday from 4:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. with the help of Toronto collectives No Fun Press, Future Zine, Emily May Rose and Spellcaster, plus DJ sets from Avenue and Thuganomics, and the introduction of Let's Be Frank's new menu item, Nashville Hot Chicken.
- Tilde (699 Danforth Avenue) presents Free Taco Night on Saturday, November 21 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in celebration of their first year in business. In addition to free tacos, look forward to $5 pints of Ontario craft Beer and sangria all night long.
- Ice, Wine & Dine takes over Elm Street between Yonge and Bay on Saturday, November 21 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. The evening showcasing interactive ice sculptures will feature food, drinks and entertainment including sampler menus from the various restaurants and cocktails in the Ice Lounge.
- Chefs Danai Hongwanishkul (Patois) and Guillermo Herbertson (Barsa Taberna) face off at Origin (107 King Street East) on Monday, November 23 at 6pm. The Underground Chef Co. presents this ringside Chef Battle for $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
- Grand Electric (1330 Queen Street West) celebrates its fourth anniversary on Tuesday, November 24. The all day bash will feature free Wild Turkey tastings as well as throwback dishes like the scrapple taco and pollo fritto on offer along with the regular menu from noon until 11 p.m. Profits from the day will go to the Stop Community Food Centre.
Here are the best burgers in Toronto.
See also: The top 50 burgers in Toronto
Thanks to Hellmann's Burger Route for sponsoring this post.