Read my profile of Rione XI in the restaurants section.
Here are five new restaurants to check out in Little India.
Toronto Food Events: Intro to French Mother Sauces, Aviation Invasion, Muskoka Bound, Recipe for Change
- Cantina by Campbell's hosted by Rock Lobster's chef Matt Dean Pettit continues until February 22 at 501 Queen West. Stop in at lunch or dinner to sample four original soups.
- It's Soup-er Bowl Sunday on February 7 at The Ceili Cottage (1301 Queen Street East). The fifth annual fundraiser in support of the Leslieville Farmers' Market will feature 100 gallons of hearty vegetarian Guinness Stew being served for PYWC from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m in BYOBowls (or mugs or buckets).
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) presents an Intro to French Mother Sauces by Chantal Vechambre on Tuesday February 9 from 6:30 p.m.. Tickets are $50 for the class covering the basics of making a Roux, Béchamel. Mornay, Velouté and variants such as Soubise, Bercy & Poulette.
This is the best French toast in Toronto.
Photo of the French toast at Emma's Country Kitchen via enchantinggoast on Instagram.
Here are my picks for the top restaurants for a Winterlicious lunch.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Flock, Burger Factory, My Little Dumplings, Athlete's Kitchen, The Tiffin Box
- Flock is now open at 97 Harbord Street where THR&CO. used to be and there's another location already in the works on Church at Hayden.
- Burger Factory is now open in Vaughan at 3255 Rutherford Road.
- After a successful crowdfunding campaign, My Little Dumplings is now open at 1372 Queen Street East and is serving up an international selection of dumplings.
- Athlete's Kitchen, a new nutrient-dense eatery in Liberty Village, has opened its doors at 171 East Liberty Street, unit 131.