Read my profile of THR & Co. in the restaurants section.
Check out this slideshow for a visual overview of the Toronto Flower Market.
Here is the list of the best sliders in Toronto.
The Best Burger in Toronto
The Best Cheeseburgers in Toronto
The Best Old-School Burgers in Toronto
Read my profile of The Marquis of Granby in the restaurants section.
Toronto Food Events: Toronto Taste, Sausage League Round 3, Fish Fry Day, 4Suppers, Back Door Burgers
- There is still space at the table for Kashmiri Delicacies with Dimple Mongam, hosted by the Rusholme Park Supper Club at The Depanneur (1033 College Street). Tickets are $40 and include a three courses inspired by Kashmiri and Punjabi recipes.
- The Toronto Raw/Vegan Festival is on this weekend June 8th and 9th starting at 10am each day. The free event takes place at 918 Bathurst Street and will feature food vendors, speakers, demos, sampling and live entertainment.
- Peter Sanagan of Sanagan's Meat Locker will lead a seminar on butchering this Saturday, June 8th at 11am at Victorinox Swiss Army (95 Bloor Street West). Demonstrations will be free to the public and include opportunities for sampling and how-tos on breaking down large cuts of meat and chicken.
- Second Harvest's Toronto Taste is happening this Sunday, June 9th at the Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen's Park). The fundraiser event will feature tastings from 60+ top Toronto chefs, accompanied by fine wine, auctions, a raffle and entertainment. Tickets are $250.
- The Yukon faces off against Trevor Kitchen and Bar at the Wednesday, June 12th battle of the Sausage League taking place at Marben (488 Wellington Street West). Try both sausage dishes for $25 (includes two beers) and vote on which restaurant should move on in the tournament.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: The Wren, Sagra, Cafe Bar Pasta, Valdez, Cibo Wine Bar, Bero, Early Bird
- New pub, The Wren opened last week at 1382 Danforth Avenue at Monarch Park. Along with craft beers the new spot does snacks, salads, sandwiches and chimichangas.
- New in the Junction, Sagra, an Italian food studio from the same owners as The Slow Room is now in a soft opening phase at 240 Annette Street.
- Cafe Bar Pasta at 1588 Dundas Street West, will open for the Dundas Street Fest this Saturday, June 8th, though there may or may not be booze (permits are pending). The plan is to specialize in espresso, wines on tap and pasta, when they officially opening sometime in mid-June.
- Valdez, the new Latin, street food inspired restaurant from Steve Gonzalez (Top Chef Canada alum) could be open as early as this weekend at 606 King Street West.