Read my profile of Barrio Coreano in the restaurants section.
- Ethical Eater's Dilemma, Community Supported Cheese, a Q&A with Monforte Dairy's Ruth Klahsen happens on Saturday, November 30th at the Karma Food Co-Op (739 Palmerston Avenue) at 1pm.
- The Canadian Artisan Tasting Fair takes place from 11am to 4pm on Sunday, December 1st at Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street). Admission is $35 for complimentary sampling from chefs, brewmasters and artisan vendors, and also includes $10 in coupons to spend.
- Top female chefs including Tara Lee (Skin+Bones), Trisha Gill (The Dock Ellis), Tiffany Wong (Pizzeria Libretto), Charlotte Langley (Catch) and Leonie Lilla (The Libertine) will congregate at The Great Hall Dinner Party on Tuesday, December 3rd at 7pm for a Judy Chicago inspired dinner. Tickets are $120 with proceeds going towards I Walk for Water.
- Momofuko Noodle Bar hosts West Avenue Cider for a tap takeover on Tuesday, December 3rd and Wednesday, December 4th. http://momofuku.tumblr.com/post/68268622500/cider
- Old Mill Inn (21 Old Mill Street) presents Christmas Twilight Tea on Wednesday, December 4th a festive and wholesome high tea service with carols, stories and sing alongs.
- Stay Cafeteria, a new Chinatown snack bar is now open at 388 Spadina Avenue.
- Jelly Modern Doughnuts is expanding with a new mini location inside Pusateris Foods (1539 Avenue Road) opening on Saturday, November 30th.
- Fonda Lola, the pop-up turned permenant Mexican eatery is in its soft opening stage at 942 Queen Street West.
- Wind Up Bird Cafe at 382 College Street officially opens its doors on Monday, December 2nd.
Here's a round-up, in no particular order, of newly opened barbecue restaurants in Toronto.
Honourable mentions go out to Alimento Fine Food Emporium, C House Lounge Cafe, Jungle Juice and Toucan Taco Bar. Gone but not...oh look, something new.
Here are the 10 biggest restaurant flops of 2013 (so far).