Read my profile of Te in the restaurants section.
Here are the most indulgent burgers in Toronto.
Read my profile of Tom & Sawyer in the services section.
SOMA Chocolatemaker, currently with retail locations on King West and in the Distillery District is shutting its cocoa bean lab on Golden Avenue and will be moving into 77 Brock Avenue in the former home of the Japanese Paper Place.
- The Scarborough Food Truck Festival is on this Saturday, May 28 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Scarborough Campus of University of Toronto (1265 Military Trail Road). Taking place in parking lot H (free parking in lot G), the event will feature nine food trucks, family-oriented activities and live entertainment.
- The Appleseed Cider Festival takes place at Wychwood Barns (601 Christie Street) on Sunday, May 29 from noon to 9 p.m.. General admission for the sampling event featuring 25+ ciders, is $25 and includes a souvenir sampling glass and three drink tickets to get you started (additional tickets are $2 each and equal a 4 oz. pour).
- Wenona Lodge (1069 Bloor Street West) hosts its monthly pig roast on Sunday, May 29 from 6 p.m.. It's $35 for all you can eat pork including two sides and this month's featured draught, Naughty Neighbour by Nickelbrook Brewing.
- Join Oyster Boy on Monday, May 30 at The Drake Hotel for the East Coast Oyster Opener. The free event kicks off at 8 p.m. and is part of the weekly 86'd Monday series and will feature Oyster Boy's Adam Colquhoun serving up mounds of freshly shucked oysters.
- Cookie Martinez hosts the second instalment of her Eating Insects tasting series on Wednesday, June 1 at Market 707. Tickets are $25 for this six course tasting menu.
- Kampai, Toronto's annual sake matsuri is back for its fifth year on Friday, June 3 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.. The largest sake event in Canada takes place at The Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane) in the Distillery District and will showcase over 150 sakes from Japan and North America