If you haven't joined up with a Toronto league yet, you can get a chance to play Victoria Day Weekend at Toronto Bubble Ball Fest 2015, a charitable event that non-profit sperro.org are bringing to town.
Today in Toronto: FAT, Swan Lake, Whitney Rose, Toronto Raptors Party in the Square, Somewhere There
Before the Eifman St. Petersburg Ballet's Anna Karenina gets here on Thursday (eee), ballet fans can check out Swan Lake on screen, as performed earlier this year at the Royal Opera House. And, of course, fans can show support for the Raptors by partying it up at Maple Leaf Square prior to game two in their first round playoff series.
For more events, click on over to our events section.
On the lineup so far are Wilco, Neko Case, Deerhunter, Built to Spill, Cake, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Of Monsters and Men, Cold Specks, Elliot Brood, Will Butler, The Sadies, and um, Desaparecidos, among more.
They announced it on 420, because this festival is all about marketing savvy.
Today in Toronto: 420, Underground Chef Cartel, Fresh Prince Marathon, Stellar Living, Washoku Matsuri
Or (fierce munchies), The Underground Chef Cartel are hosting their third battle with Chef Alex Molitz (Geraldine) vs. Chef Hayden Johnston (Richmond Station). Bloorcourt gallery Mercer Union's biannual fundraiser features an amazing list of artists including Abbas Akhavan, Suzy Lake, Micah Lexier, Ulysses Castellanos, Vanessa Maltese, VSVSVS, and more. The auction is May 13. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Organics: 420 (Yonge-Dundas Square)
- Art: Stellar Living 2015 (Mercer Union)
- Food: Washoku Matsuri (Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre)
- Food: The Underground Chef Cartel (Origin Restaurant & Bar)
- Film: Early Monthly Segments (Gladstone)
- Music: Grandpa Night Vol. 1: Doug Hoyer Renders (151 Sterling)
- Freshness: More Fresh Prince Marathon (Smiling Buddha)
- Three's Company: Toronto Roommate Mixer (Madison Avenue Pub)
- Performance: Doored 420 (Double Double Land)
Here's what to do to in Toronto this week if no one wants to buy your hand crafted bandanas.