Here's how to hang out in style in Toronto this week if you haven't got a stitch to wear.
From comic conventions to cocktail showdowns, here are my picks for March's top events.
Here are my picks for the top events happening in Toronto February 27 - March 1, 2015.
Ru Paul's Drag Race: Battle of the Seasons (February 27, The Danforth Music Hall)
The glitz of Ru Paul's touring battle will land in Toronto during somber times for the city and the queer community. Nothing can stop Michelle Visage, Alaksa 5000, Jiggly Caliente, Ivy Winters, Jinx Monsoon, Pandora Boxx, Bendelacreme, and Darienne Lake. Check out our review from last year here.
Today in Toronto: D-Beatstro Pop Up, Kaki King, Animal Collective, Krista Buecking, Mimico, BeerProv
Whether you're a fan of psychfolk, electronic, or drone, don't miss the magic of Kaki King's guitar-based The Neck Is A Bridge To The Body project in the cavernous yet somehow intimate warehouse space on Geary (at the dead end). Loom is also on the bill. Then MIMICO will celebrate a new release at Smiling Buddha. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Market: 4 Day Pop Up Market at D-Beatstro (D-Beatstro)
- Music: Kaki King - The Neck Is A Bridge To The Body (Geary Lane)
- Comedy: BeerProv (Comedy Bar)
- Art: Krista Buecking: Matters of Fact (Susan Hobbs Gallery)
- Music: MIMICO Incantations release show (Smiling Buddha)
- Food: Recipe for Change 2015 (St. Lawrence Market North Building)
- Film: Feedback Film Fest (Carlton)
- Music: Under the Portal (Story Planet)
- Party: Animal Collective DJ Set (Drake)