Here are Toronto's capitalism defying events this week. If nothing looks fun, there's free therapy.
Taste of Iceland
Experience a flurry of Icelandic cuisine with a special menu at Luma (350 King St. West) from November 13 to 16. Coupled with free concerts at Horseshoe Tavern, this $55 four-course dinner from guest chef Viktor Örn Andrésson and chefs Michael Wilson and Anthony Walsh promises to be a cool night out. Expect the menu to showcase authentic Icelandic dishes featuring exotic ingredients like Icelandic cod, langoustine and viking skyr. LI
Today in Toronto: Taste of Iceland, International Book Fair, DDL Anniversary, Short Cuts, Jeff Buckley Tribute
Double Double Land are celebrating their fifth anniversary party, which will carry on over three nights until Saturday. Read our interview with Kensington Market's oldest DIY venue here. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Culture: Taste of Iceland (Luma)
- Lit: INSPIRE! Toronto International Book Fair (Metro Toronto Convention Centre)
- Music/Art: Double Double Land 5 Year Anniversary (Double Double Land)
- Music: Jeff Buckley Tribute (Supermarket)
- Film: Short Cuts: Otherworldy (TIFF)
- Design: PEKOTA Showroom Launch Party
- Art: Swash & Serif (Black Cat Gallery)
- Music: Deerhoof (Lee's)
- Party: Trentemller (Mod Club)
- Cycling: Toronto Bike Awards (918 Bathurst)