Here are my picks for the top events happening in Toronto November 28-30, 2014.
Here are my picks for winter's must-see art shows in Toronto.
Today in Toronto: One of a Kind, Brazil Film Fest, Full Frame, Althea Thauberger, Cellphone, AKIN Crit
The Brazil Film Fest will run all weekend (Nov 27 - 30) at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. The fest opens with Getulio, the story of President Getúlio Vargas's suicide in 1954. If you've been meaning to check out AKIN Collective's crits, MOCCA's invited them to host one at their temporary bar tonight. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Craft: One of a Kind Show and Sale (Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place)
- Film: Brazil Film Fest (TIFF)
- Art: Althea Thauberger (Susan Hobbs Gallery)
- Comedy: BeerProv presents "The Draft" (Comedy Bar)
- Music: Cellphone EP release (Double Double Land)
- Art: Full Frame Holiday Print Show (Ryerson Artspace)
- Art: AKIN Crit at MOCCA (MOCCA)
- Theatre: Butcher launch party (Videofag)
- Film: Best of Toronto Short Films (Carlton Cinemas)
Today in Toronto: Run the Jewels, PUBLIC, Punk Rock Bingo, Nonclassical Global, Earth & Sky, OUTrageous
- Music: Run the Jewels (Danforth Music Hall)
- Music: Nonclassical Global(Canadian Music Centre)
- Comedy: OUTrageous! With Robert Keller (Yuks Yuks)
- Games: Punk Rock Bingo (Beaver)
- Games: Kids in the Hall Trivia (Unlovable)
- Lit: Pivot (Press Club)
- Film: Inside Out Presents: Appropriate Behavior (TIFF)
- Horror: Rue Morgue & Unstable Ground present Earth & Sky (Carlton Cinema)
- Art: Exhibition: Looking for Marshall McLuhan in Afghanistan (AFT Campus de Spadina)
Today in Toronto: Ferguson, Twin Peaks Mural, Gentle Breeze in the Village, True Stories Live, Amanda Palmer
Toronto's Ferguson Response is at the US Consulate at 6pm, which is a bit different than the advertised 24 hours. Dress warm and wear black. For more events, click on over to our events section.
Today in Toronto: Caribou + Jessy Lanza, RuPaul Trivia, Heritage Minutes, Culture Club, Mixed Company
Canadian kitsch-wise, do you miss those Heritage Minute clips? Carlton Cinema is going to show them all, or at least a lot of them. If you can't wait until December to pull out your ugly cat sweater, there's also this. For more events, click on over to our events section.